Indigo is the colour of the 3rd eye chakra which deals with intelligence and psychic power. Opening this chakra can aid in clear sight, intuition, integrity, and lessens feelings of despair.
It promotes deep concentration during times of introspection and meditation, helping you achieve deeper levels of consciousness.
Indigo is both cooling and astringent and a powerful painkiller, useful for muscle strains and tension. It also has a reputation to be an aid in purifying the bloodstream and the psychic currents of the aura.
Indigo has the power to enfold us in silence and tranquility. The color speaks of deep devotion. It gives us vision and the ability to hear the voice of our own intuition.
* The color indigo was named after the Indigo dye derived from the plant Indigofera tinctoria and related species.
* The indigo plant (Indigofera tinctoria) and the dye extracted from this plant had been one of India’s most profitable main exports to the Old World (Europe) in the distant past.
* Indigo is a color that was traditionally regarded as a color on the visible spectrum and as one of the seven colors of the rainbow: the color between blue and violet. Although traditionally considered one of seven major spectral colors, its actual position in the electromagnetic spectrum is controversial. Indigo is a deep and bright color close to the color wheel blue (a primary color in the RGB color space), as well as to some variants of ultramarine.
Put some indigo in your life when you want:
- to focus on personal issues
- to develop intuition
- to step outside of everyday life for a new and interesting way of viewing a problem
- solitude and inner communication
What do you think of when you see indigo?