Hi everyone and welcome to week 3. This week, I am sharing 2 videos on loosening up.
We simply ‘play’ with some crayons to loosen ourselves up with color and then with water soluble materials focusing on cold colors and then warm colors. The idea is not to have a final piece of artwork (although of course, it is a piece of art in itself) but to enjoy the loosening up and to just let your mind wander around the page with your colors.
Today, I invite you to explore, play and use your intuition to select any colors that are particularly calling you right now and give yourself permission to just play.
Being playful brings light and joy. It also brings a new perspective on life so we don’t take things as seriously. Being playful is also a great way to live more presently in the moment. Playing while you create simply creates more space for positive creative energy to flow.
Materials I use in this demo:
- Thick paper/watercolour/acrylic paper
- Pentel oil pastels
- Caran D’ache watersoluble wax pastels
Some prompts to get you started.
- Using any materials that call to you and have fun creating your own loose marks.
- Try different shapes and colors
- Notice what shapes you see emerging.
- Try drawing with your non-dominant hand
- Hold two crayons or pencils and draw with them together. Try making marks to fill a page with lines and marks. How does your energy translate to the page?
- Notice if any symbols keep appearing.
- Which parts of “you” immediately come out to play? Which aspects can you feel holding you back?
- Is anything beginning to be said in your head? (This is SILLY, why am I doing this… I am not enjoying this… this doesn’t feel very productive… ). Put these to one side and give yourself the permission to just play.
Video #1 – Play with color
Video #2 – Separate out cool and warm colors and add water.
I would love to see what you create! So please do post your image directly to our Facebook group HERE. Feel free to blog about your work and share this blog post with your friends.
The next video will be posted Monday 20 March. Sign up to our ‘Year of Color‘ list to get a year of color prompts to your inbox and a free Rainbow meditation kit.
Join me for the next Chakra Color Art Journal Class
What I am sharing this month is just a teeny tiny sample of what we cover in my ‘Chakra Color Art Journal Class So if you would like to learn more about how color energy affects us and explore through mixed media techniques, I would love for you to come and join me. Class is self-paced with Lifetime access
More info here